Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements:
As a leading healthcare provider, we have an undeniable responsibility to protect the health and safety of our patients, customers and team members.
Option Care Health requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, your employment will be contingent upon proof of vaccination, or approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required during the onboarding process; application for medical or religious accommodations will be required to be submitted within 5 business days of start date. If medical and/or religious accommodation requests are denied, you must take steps to be fully vaccinated, or your employment will be terminated.
Job Description Summary:A Compounding Technician assists the pharmacist with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to Option Care patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of Option Care, the state’s professional standards, and other regulatory entities. The Compounding Technician works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, working in the clean room and compounding medication no less than 50% of their day. A compounding Technician is experienced in all aspects of medication compounding and plays a significant role in the coordination of patient services.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Assists the pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies using appropriate techniques and following Option Care policies and procedures. Accurately calibrates equipment. Assists with recording and maintaining pharmacy temperature and cleaning logs. Ensures that all pharmacy surfaces, laminar flow hoods and clean room are cleaned per Option Care policy.
- Understands and can perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications.
- Prepares medications under the supervision of a pharmacist so they are accurately compounded. Ensures that a licensed pharmacist properly checks all compounding and packing. Adheres to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices. Complies with state and federal laws.
- Speaks knowledgeably of the scope of services that are available through Option Care. Understands basic drug terminology and therapies/services provided. Understands other areas of Option Care and what scope of service the company has to offer.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information. Understands and complies with HIPPA.
- Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures.
- Assists with the training and supervision of new pharmacy technicians.
- In all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities of the pharmacy department if required.
- Completes all duties as assigned by manager or Pharmacist in Charge.
- May work on advanced projects and committees, participate in performance improvement, complete and monitor quality control, assist the purchasing coordinator and coordinate and prioritize compounding room scheduling.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current Pharmacy Technician license if required by state.
- More than 1 year Pharmacy Technician experience.
Basic Qualifications & Interests (BQIs)
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic Internet Explorer skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Ability to lift a 50 lbs box from the floor to assist in stocking meds
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Current national certification
- Current Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT) Certification
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Due to some state pay transparency laws, below is the minimum pay for the position:
Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.Minimum pay is $15.73+
-Paid Time off
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted: Jun 29, 2022
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security