Respironics’s Voluntary Recall of Certain Masks for BiPAP, CPAP and Ventilator Machines
On September 6, 2022, Philips Respironics (Philips) issued a voluntary recall of certain masks for BiPAP, CPAP and ventilator machines. You can obtain more information about this recall by contacting Philips Customer Care Solutions Center at 1-800-345-6443, Philips Respironics Customer Service at 1-877-387-3311, or visit their website at www.usa.philips.com.
Option Care Health’s Respiratory Care Team is working to ensure that our patients impacted by the manufacturer’s voluntary recall receive replacement masks as soon as possible. Please note that we may need to obtain new written orders from your prescriber for a suitable alternative. In such cases, we are reaching out to our patient’s prescribers to obtain the necessary orders to ensure continuity of care. Click here to review the manufacturer recall notice for patients.
In the event you have a recalled mask in your possession, the manufacturer recommends you take the following actions:
- Stop use of the recalled mask and switch to a non-magnetic mask if available, if you or someone near you when using the recalled mask have any of the implanted metallic medical devices or metallic objects in the body as listed below.
- Consult with your health care provider to determine if another mask can be used for therapy and to decide if the plan for your care and treatment should change because of this safety issue.
- Contact us immediately at 1-800-345-6443 if you experience any issues related to your medical device.
Additionally, the recalled Philips masks may be used with other manufacturers’ BiPAP and CPAP machines. Users of any BiPAP or CPAP machine should check to see whether their mask is one of the recalled Philips masks.
Abbott and Kate Farm's Voluntary Recall of Liquid Formulas
On August 10, 2022, Lyons Magnus, a third-party manufacturer for Abbott and Kate Farms, expanded its voluntary recall initiated on July 28, 2022, to include Ensure Harvest, PediaSure Harvest, and certain Kate Farms products. You can obtain more information about the voluntary Abbott recall by calling 1-877-745-8237 Monday – Friday 8:30am to 05:00pm EST to speak with a consumer relations representative. To learn more about the Kate Farms voluntary recall, visit the Lyons Magnus website at https://myproductinformation.com/product-information/
As a result of the Abbott and Kate Farms voluntary recalls, Option Care Health Dietitians and Enteral teams are working to ensure that our patients receive replacement formula as soon as possible. Please note that we may need to obtain new written orders from your prescriber for a suitable alternative if the usual product is unavailable. In such cases, we are reaching out to our patient’s prescribers to obtain the necessary orders to ensure continuity of care.
In the event you have any Abbott or Kate Farms formula products that are the subject of the voluntary recall, do not consume the product. We ask that you take the following actions:
- If you currently receive formula from Option Care Health, have any unused recalled formula in your possession and have not already received your replacement formula, click here and one of our Nutrition team members will contact you within one business day.
- If you are not an active patient with Option Care Health and have questions about suitable alternative products, please contact your healthcare professional.
Abbott's Voluntary Recall of Powdered Formulas
On February 17, 2022, Abbott initiated a proactive, voluntary recall of powdered formulas, manufactured in one of the company’s facilities in Sturgis, Michigan. The recalled products include: Similac®, Alimentum® and EleCare®. To find out if an Abbott formula is included in the voluntary recall, please visit www.similacrecall.com or call 1-800-986-8540 and follow the instructions provided. Additional information is available through Abbott’s press release.
As a result of Abbott’s voluntary recall, Option Care Health Dietitians and Enteral teams are working to ensure that our patients receive replacement formula as soon as possible. Please note that we may need to obtain new written prescriber orders for a suitable alternative to EleCare, Alimentum and some of the Similac formulas. In such cases, we are reaching out to our patient’s prescribers to obtain the necessary orders.
Please be advised that some of the alternative formulas are on a temporary backorder due to shipping delays and increased demand. Also, many of the alternative formulas have different mixing instructions. Our dietitians will work with patients and their prescribers to confirm an appropriate formula and mixing instructions are received.
We ask that our patients take the following actions if they are in possession of any Abbott formula products that are the subject of this voluntary recall:
- Abbott is handling the return and disposal of any recalled formula. Please go to www.similacrecall.com or call 1-800-986-8540 and follow the instructions provided.
- If you have an urgent need for formula and have not received a new shipment, click here and one of our Nutrition team members will contact you within one business day.